FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting
Achieve your Professional Qualification Designed & Trained by Working Professional Bookkeepers
Six Month Payment Plan Available
Online Training - Gain your Qualification with TBST
- Professional Bookkeeping Courses, Accounting Courses & MYOB Training
- Nationally Recognised Qualification & includes the BAS Agent Skill Set
- 12 months to complete. Online Training
- MYOB software included
- No exams. All assessments are practical assignments
- Students support by phone, email, Skype, webinar, online connected assistance & more
- Open Classroom Sessions for One on One course help
- All courses are highly practical & we train professional bookkeeping in the real world
- All of our trainers are working professional bookkeepers and accountants
Certificate IV in Accounting FNS40615
This course incorporates substantial highly practical training that will equip our students with the necessary skills required to practice as a professional
bookkeeper, accounts assistant, payroll officer & MYOB specialist in the modern business environment and be regarded as true industry professionals.
Both the Certificate IV in Accounting & Bookkeeping are highly similar qualifications and the difference essentially rests with a students preference
for particular course units.
The course is designed to reflect the job roles of contract bookkeepers and employees performing bookkeeping tasks for organisations in a range of industries.
It includes the preparation and lodgement of business activity statements (BAS) and instalment activity statement (IAS) tasks and the provision of
advice in relation to the activity statements. Individuals in these roles apply theoretical and specialist knowledge and skills to work autonomously
and exercise judgement in completing routine and non-routine activities.
Persons providing a BAS service must be registered by the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) and our qualification includes the BAS Agent Skill Set units and
therefore meets the educational requirements for TPB registration.
Our students are fully trained in the use of the current version of MYOB as an integral part of this course and will be trained in the bookkeeping fundamentals,
payroll functions and features, inventoty in addition to training in the advanced MYOB techniques and features.
Online Flexible Distance Learning
TBST's nationally accredited and recognised qualification courses are delivered by Online Training via Flexible Distance Learning. All course material
including text books, course manuals, webinars, assessments, software and a large number of additional training supplies are provided to students on
TBSTs Online Learning Management System (LMS).
Additional we provide non-compulsory Open Classroom training sessions where students can work on course or assessments and trainers are available to assist
and provide advice. All TBST trainers are working professional bookkeepers and accountants and you will gain the most up to date skills training available.
Our college specialises in professional bookkeeping, accounting and MYOB training.course content and all our assessments build directly on and add
value to our students' work based activities.
Industry Focused Skills
This qualification is designed to reflect accounting jobs and other industries requiring accounting support functions and the roles of contract bookkeepers
and employees performing bookkeeping tasks. Persons providing a BAS service must be registered by the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) and our qualification
includes the BAS Agent Skill Set units and therefore meets the educational requirements for TPB registration. Our course includes:
- Course Guide
The FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting is delivered by flexible distance learning so you can study at home or work at your own pace & students are
able to complete their qualification at a faster rate, but this will be dependent on the factors which include external commitments, relevant skills,
knowledge and experience within the area of study and motivation and dedication to course studies and their outcome.
This qualification is designed to reflect accounting jobs and other industries requiring accounting support functions and the roles of contract bookkeepers and employees performing bookkeeping tasks.
Students are fully trained in the use of the current version of MYOB as an integral part of this Certificate IV course as the MYOB accounting program is
the leading and preferred software of choice of most business enterprises. Students will be trained in the MYOB fundamentals, payroll functions and
features and receive training in the advanced techniques and features.
- Qualification - FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting - Nationally Recognised & Accredited
- Student Support - Expert Trainers: Online, Email & Phone Support & Open Classroom Sessions
- Delivery Method - Flexible Distance Learning - Online & Correspondance
- Course Material - All Course Materials Provided Online - Including MYOB Software
- Assessment - Practical Assignments & Workplace Simulations - NO Classroom Exams
- Study Time - Self Paced eg 1 yr = 8 to 10 hrs/week
All courses with a Course Fee value of over $1500 MUST be paid by our 6 Month interest fee payment plan.
Single Qualification Courses
- $285 x 6 monthly payments - FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping
- $285 x 6 monthly payments - FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting
- $285 x 6 monthly payments - BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration
Dual Qualification Courses
- $410 x 6 monthly payments - Dual Course - FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping & FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting
Triple Qualification Courses
- $585 x 6 monthly payments - Triple Course - FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping & FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting & BSB40615 Certificate
IV in Business Administration
BAS Agent Skill Set
- $460 - Cert IV Payroll & Cert IV BAS IAS Units Only - FNSBKG405 & FNSBKG404
Single Unit Enrolment
- $230 - Per Unit - Single Unit Enrolments
- Course Commencement
Course enrolments can commence at any time after the enrolment process is completed.
- Skills Obtained
- Creation of professional and formatted documents and spreadsheets for business use
- Full MYOB training
- Implementation of professional and formatted business correspondence
- Creation of professional marketing materials
- Foundation accounting concepts and principals
- Legislative framework as it applies to business including tax and GST compliance
- BAS Agent Skill Set
- BAS preparation skills
- Understanding financial reports and presentation to stakeholders
- Utilising accounting software to keep the businesses accounting/banking records & intellectual property protected & up to date
- Comprehension of more complex business transactions and how these are accounted for in your business
- Business structures – their advantages and disadvantages
- Preparing, creating and incorporating budgetary requirements
- Understand and incorporate job costing information
- Who should do this course?
This qualification is designed to reflect the job roles of contract bookkeepers and employees performing bookkeeping tasks for organisations in a range
of industries. People who study this course include (but is not limited to): business owners wishing to gain a greater grasp of essential business
practices, procedures, work flows and their financials, employees of small to large businesses who work in a bookkeeping, administrative or related
role, subcontract bookkeepers wishing to attain a formal qualification and improve their skills and knowledge base, graduating VCE students wishing
to attain a career in bookkeeping and/or accounting; and those wishing to pursue a new career in the bookkeeping or accounting industry.
This qualification is designed to reflect the job roles of contract bookkeepers and employees performing bookkeeping tasks for organisations in a range of industries.
Assessments are completed for each unit and utilise a variety of techniques to indicate the student has attained competency. All assessments are assignment
based and students are NOT required to attend physical exams.
Example assessment methods may include the following:
- Multiple choice questions
- Short answer questions
- Workplace based observations and tasks
- Research studies and analysis
- Case studies and problem solving analysis
- Report writing
- Numeric calculations
- Practical activities and completion of tasks with industry relevant software such as MYOB, Microsoft Office, email etc.
Each student assessment is relevant and practical in its application, and whenever possible, relates back to real-life scenarios. Students will be provided
with study and assessment support from their course tutor whom is industry experienced, qualified and knowledgeable in all aspects of the course material.
- Course Materials Included
Included with your course you will receive:
- Access to TBST Student Learning Management System - LMS
- Student policies and procedures manual online
- Student assessment and study guide online
- Manual bookkeeping to trial balance workbook online
- Working in the Financial Services Industry workbook online
- 13 individual unit workbooks online
- MYOB student edition software
- MYOB Asset manager student edition software
- Student membership with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (fee applies)
- Additional course resources, assessments, PowerPoint presentations, MYOB course practice and assessment files, submission cover sheets, video and audio
Learning Management System - LMS
Our online Learning Management System - LMS provides students with a more streamlined method of working through your Certificate IV Qualification by
allowing students to login and access all current course files in the one universal location. The LMS has been designed so that students can work through
course units in chronological order as per the students Training Plan. Students will always have access to the most up-to-date course content for all
qualification. All updates to course content will be distributed to all students immediately via the LMS.
The LMS includes:
- TBST Administration Documents
- Webinar Recordings
- MYOB Data Files
- Resource Documents
- Practice Exercise Files
- Course Duration
Students have 12 months to complete this qualification. This course is a self paced distance learning training course. We would expect
that you will spend at least 90 hours reading and working through the course material. You will then need to practice the material you have learnt
and work through your assessments.
Due to this flexibility there is a lower drop out rate thus saving students time and money vested in their desired outcomes. In addition, flexible adult
learning encourages students to continue the course at their own pace without restrictions as to when and how you complete the course. Therefore, students
are able to continue their life roles and incorporate their study into time slots that suit their lifestyles. This also allows those that are working
either as an employee or subcontractor to continue to earn money or charge for billable hours, which further serve to reduce the ʻrealʼ course costs.
Students have 12 months in which to complete all of their assessments.
- Basic computer skills
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Access to the Microsoft Office suite of programs (either PC or Macintosh).
- A basic calculator and stationery
- PC or Mac – minimum system requirements & loaded with current versions of: Quicktime, Adobe Reader & access to the internet & email
- Ensure that you have read and understood the TBST Student Handbook
- Ensure that you have read and understood the Policies and Procedures contained in the Student Handbook
- Units of Study
FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting
13 Units of Study - 12 Months Completion Time
BSBSMB405 - Monitor and manage small business operations
FNSACC302 - Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
BSBITU306 - Design and produce business documents
FNSACC301 - Precess financial transactions and extract interim reports
FNSBKG405 - Establish and maintain a payroll system
FNSBKG404 - Carry out business activity and instalment activity statement tasks
BSBFIA401 - Prepare financial reports
FNSINC401 - Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
FNSACC401- Process Business tax requirements
FNSACC402 - Prepare Operational Budgets
FNSACC406 - Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
FNSACC404 - Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
FNSACC405 - Maintain inventory records
- Unit Description