Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping FNS40217
Professional Qualifications Designed & Trained by Working Professionals!
Online Flexible Distance Learning
- Nationally Recognised Qualification
- Includes the BAS Agent Skill Set
- 12 months to complete via Online Training
- MYOB software included
- No exams. Only practical assignments
- Students support by phone, email, Skype, webinar, Zoom online assistance & more
- Classroom Sessions for One on One help
- Highly practical training for the real world
- All trainers are bookkeepers and accountants
Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping FNS40217
This course incorporates substantial highly practical training that will equip our students with the necessary skills required to practice as a professional
bookkeeper, accounts assistant, payroll officer & MYOB specialist in the modern business environment and be regarded as true industry professionals.
The course is designed to reflect the job roles of contract bookkeepers and employees performing bookkeeping tasks for organisations in a range of industries.
It includes the preparation and lodgement of business activity statements (BAS) and instalment activity statement (IAS) tasks and the provision of
advice in relation to the activity statements. Individuals in these roles apply theoretical and specialist knowledge and skills to work autonomously
and exercise judgement in completing routine and non-routine activities.
Our qualification includes the BAS Agent Skill Set units and therefore meets the educational requirements for the Tax Practitioners Board BAS Agent
Our students are trained in MYOB as an integral part of this course and will be trained in the bookkeeping fundamentals, payroll functions and features,
inventory in addition to training in the advanced MYOB techniques and features.
Online Flexible Distance Learning
TBST's nationally accredited and recognised qualification courses are delivered by Online Training via Flexible Distance Learning. All course material
including text books, course manuals, webinars, assessments, software and a large number of additional training supplies are provided to students
on TBSTs Online Learning Management System (LMS).
All TBST trainers are professional bookkeepers and accountants and you will gain the most up to date skills training available. Our college specialises
in professional bookkeeping and accounting, MYOB training and business leadership and management and all of our course content and assessments
build directly on and add value to our students' work based activities.
- Course Guide
The FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping is delivered by flexible distance learning so students can study at home or work at their own
pace & students are able to complete their qualification at a faster rate.
- Nationally Recognised Qualification including the BAS Agent Skill Set
- 12 months to complete. Can be completed earlier
- MYOB software included
- No exams. All assessments are practical assignments
- Students support by phone, email, Skype, webinar, Zoom online connected assistance & more
- Open Classroom Sessions for One on One course help
- All courses are highly practical & we train professional bookkeeping in the real world
Students are fully trained in the use of the current version of MYOB as an integral part of this Certificate IV course as the MYOB accounting program is
the leading and preferred software of choice of most business enterprises.
$425 per month, for 6 month (total $2,550)
Six Monthly Payments - Credit/Debit Card Only
- Course Commencement
Course enrolments can commence at any time after the enrolment process is completed.
- Who should do this course?
This course is suitable for people of all backgrounds and skill levels. The successful completion of this course will satisfy the minimum education requirements
as required under the new BAS Agent laws.
These qualifications are designed to reflect the job roles of contract bookkeepers and employees performing bookkeeping tasks for organisations in a range
People who study this course include (but is not limited to):
- Business owners wishing to gain a greater grasp of essential business practices, procedures, work flows and their financials
- Employees of small to large businesses who work in a bookkeeping, administrative or related roles
- Subcontract bookkeepers wishing to attain a formal qualification and improve their skills and knowledge base
- Graduating VCE students wishing to attain a career in bookkeeping and/or accounting
- Those wishing to pursue a new career in the bookkeeping or accounting industry
TBST's training is highly practical and we train our students actual bookkeeping skills; including advanced MYOB skills which are essential for our students
to be the most qualified graduates in our industry. Our trainers are working professional bookkeepers and accountants and you will gain the most up
to date skills training available.
- Skills Obtained
The courses incorporates substantial practical training that will equip students with the necessary skills required to practice as a professional bookkeeper
and includes the BAS Agent Skill Set.
- Creation of professional and formatted documents and spreadsheets for business use
- Full MYOB training
- Implementation of professional and formatted business correspondence
- Creation of professional marketing materials
- Foundation accounting concepts and principals
- Legislative framework as it applies to business including tax and GST compliance
- BAS Agent Skill Set
- BAS preparation skills
- Understanding financial reports and presentation to stakeholders
- Utilising accounting software to keep the businesses accounting/banking records & intellectual property protected & up to date
- Comprehension of more complex business transactions and how these are accounted for in your business
- Business structures – their advantages and disadvantages
- Preparing, creating and incorporating budgetary requirements
- Understand and incorporate job costing information
- Student Support
The following learning support will be available to students:
- Open classroom sessions
- Phone calls
- Email assistance with a response within 48 hours
- Individual study sessions as required
- Structured classroom sessions
- Zoom virtual meeting room sessions
- Interactive remote assistance (via Skype/Zoom etc.)
- Live & recorded webinar sessions
- Intervention strategies and action plans for students who have breached or are at risk of breaching the course completion requirements
- FAQ Documents available on the LMS
We offer our students Online Distance Learning with the option to attend our Open Classroom Sessions. In these sessions students can avail themselves of
our training room, with access to our Training and Assessment Team. The Training Room allows access to all the resources students will need for their
We also have a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section on the LMS. If students have any questions these will also be answered, with our Assessment email
address manned from 10am until 6pm weekdays (except Public Holidays).
- Course Materials Included
We combine Self-paced, Open Classrooms, Distance and Online Learning into each of our courses, so that students have the flexibility to choose the options
that best suit their current situations.
Our students are fully trained in the use of MYOB as an integral part of this course and will be trained in the bookkeeping fundamentals, payroll functions
and features, inventory in addition to training in the advanced MYOB techniques and features.
All course material is provided to our students online via our Learning Management System (LMS). The LMS provides students with a more streamlined method
of working through the qualifications by allowing them to login and access all current course files from one central location at a time and place of
The LMS has been designed to enable students to work through course units in sequential order, according to unit difficulty, concepts and prerequisites,
as per their individual Training Plan. Students will always have access to the most up-to-date course content for all qualifications, as any updates
will be distributed to all students immediately via the LMS.
Online delivery includes the following:
- Student support resources e.g. LMS guides, handbooks, video guides
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)/Glossaries
- Course resources, including but not limited to:
- Manuals (soft copy/online - option to print)
- Course handouts & guides
- Webinars & short videos (pre-recorded & live)
- Exercise files & practice tests
- Unit presentations
- Interactive media
- Assessment resources & tasks
- Checkpoints for cumulative assessment
- Open Classroom & remote support bookings
- MYOB Student Edition Software
- Access to Training Plan
- Access to Completed Assessment files
- Employment Pathways
Jobs in this field involve working with data to order, process or retrieve facts and figures, or to develop or administer policies and procedures. Activities
include organising, using or updating information, such as files or accounts, developing or following procedures or systems, and the planning, budgeting,
and staffing of an organisation.
The primary pathway from this qualification is job roles with functions that include:
- Establishing and maintaining manual and computerised accounting systems
- Completing Business Activity Statements (BAS) and other office financial statements
- Developing Bookkeeping management systems for organisations
- General Administration
- Preparing and processing documentation related to accounts payable and receivable
- Reconciling invoices and despatching payments
- Calculating, analysing and investigating the costs of proposed expenditure, wages and standard costs
- Preparing bank reconciliations
- Allocating expenditure to specified budget accounts
- Summarising expenditure and receipts
- Preparing records of standard costs and values for items such as raw materials and packaging supplies
- Recording cost variations and contract price movements
- Compiling cost data for preparation of operating budgets, and profit and loss calculations
- Investigating the costs of proposed expenditures, quotations and estimates
- Preparing reports of total costs, inventory adjustments, selling prices and profits
- Course Duration
Students have 12 months to complete this qualification.
This course is complete via self paced distance learning, however it is expected that students will complete 12 to 15 hours of self scheduled study each
week to remain compliant with the government funding course requirements.
Students can finish the course at a faster rate however this will be dependent on the factors which include external commitments, relevant skills, knowledge
and experience within the area of study and motivation and dedication to course studies and their outcome.
Due to this flexibility there is a lower drop out rate thus saving students time and money vested in their desired outcomes. In addition, flexible adult
learning encourages students to continue the course at their own pace without restrictions as to when and how you complete the course. Therefore, students
are able to continue their life roles and incorporate their study into time slots that suit their lifestyles. This also allows those that are working
either as an employee or subcontractor to continue to earn money or charge for billable hours, which further serve to reduce the ʻrealʼ course costs.
Students have 12 months in which to complete all of their assessments.
Our assessments Do Not require students to attend classroom examinations. Assessments may be completed via the LMS as tasks, activities, quizzes and/or
Students may also need to submit cumulative assessment tasks via email checkpoints and compete virtual role-plays/workplace scenarios.
Additional assessment styles may include;
- Multiple choice questions
- Case studies and Short Answer questions
- Calculation questions
- Accounting Software simulation questions
- Workplace scenarios
- Role Play
The course entry requirements are:
- Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) Skills (Level 4 to 5 – AQF)
- Computer and Printer access (either PC or Apple Mac)
- Intermediate to Advanced Computer Literacy
- Internet access
- Cloud Drive access
- Email Account
- Access to the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Units of Study
FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
13 Units of Study - 12 Months Completion Time
- BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSACC312 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems
- FNSACC414 Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
- FNSACC405 Maintain inventory records
- FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
- FNSACC408 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- BSBSMB412 Introduce cloud computing into business operations
- FNSSMB405 Monitor and manage small business operations
- FNSACC412 Prepare operational budgets
- Unit Description